Thursday, January 6, 2011

Empty City

This is a test photo of a new series that I'm working on - photographing the city as a backdrop in which the ebb and flow of our human existence fades into nothing. Deep stuff right? Still working out the technical kinks, such as when the best time of day is to shoot. I thought a dull gray morning like today would be perfect, but I'm not loving all the headlights. Each exposure is 8 mins long thanks to my +10 stop ND filter but I think I'll try to double that exposure time next go around and see what kind of ghosting I can get to appear. Not perfect, but it's shaping up to be an interesting series.

No comments:

RedTown Photography Blog

Welcome to RedTown Photography (the blog edition). We started this blog as the top secret meeting location to pass photos back and forth while our website was developing. Now its open to everyone to enjoy and will contain a much wider scope of topics and material as we muse about photography, life, politics, art, and of course, Guiness. Be sure to visit our website: www.redtownphotography.com. Cheers!

Contributors

Blog Archive